THE TRANSITIONAL HOUSING PROGRAM (TTHP)
The mission of The Transitional Housing Program (TTHP) is to assist victims of crime to gain economic stability and achieve their personal goals.
Described here are the eligibility criteria for The Transitional Housing Program and some basic program information. This application is used to determine the eligibility of the survivor.
Please complete the TTHP application and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on Wednesdays only. Once we receive your application, we will review it and contact you within seven (7) business days.
Determination of approval will be made on a case by case basis and based on the following minimum criteria and guidelines.
- Be in need of housing as a result of a violent crime that took place in SC (in the past one year)
- Be eighteen years old or (legally) emancipated minor
- Have a police report and/or a letter of recommendation from a victim service agency/organization
- Not have any current/pending incidents where victim is listed as offender
- Be able to financially cover the expenses related to housing after deposits are made.
- Able to safely live independently
The Transitional Housing Program provides:
- Rent and mortgage (one payment only)
- Utility payments (water, lights, etc. )
- Security deposits (i.e rent, utilities)
Please Note: If victim has a past due balance, please submit complete pay history from utility company along with application.
Once application is approved, you will need to submit all invoices/bills for the victim.
All payments will be sent directly to the vendor, please make sure to list account numbers.